In honor of David Letterman’s final show tonight, we present a Top Ten List for the education crowd.
Here now are the top ten ways to have a “better conversation” about education.
- The BATs, DFER, NEA, and ED all merge and agree to re-acronym themselves into a new friendlier organization called FRED DANTEEB, complete with cute, huggable “FRED” mascot.
- The think tanks spend less time thinking and more time twerking.
- We all spend less time using any form of the word “pedagogy.”
- Duncan vs. Ravitch in a “Race to TOPeka”….on mopeds!
- Less focus on “higher bar,” more focus on “open bar.”
- In updating ESEA, which in its latest iteration is known as NCLB, we must use research-based evidence to determine if the consortia assessments—PARCC and SBAC—can be effectively implemented in a grade-band configuration. Just let that sink in. We actually say stuff like that.
- Six words, all together now: Common Core is not a curriculum.
- Peter Cunningham hosts a tea party for the Tea Party to discuss the appropriate federal role, while serving freshly baked cinnamon rolls!
- Less wonk, more funk.
And the #1 way to have a “better conversation” about education…
Pearson ponies up some of those “over-testing profits,” and we all go to Finland to see what all the fuss is about!