The Operations and Finance Manager reports to the Chief Growth Officer and provides essential operational and administrative expertise, enabling the Chief Growth Officer and other staff to focus on the vision, relationship building and creative work vital to Results in Education’s efforts to help drive positive change in public education.
This individual utilizes good judgment, discretion and superior organizational skills to manage a broad range of operational and administrative responsibilities and also contributes to program activities and plans. The Operations and Finance Manager executes and refines all operational procedures and practices to ensure a professional and efficient office environment. Paramount to this position are superior interpersonal and communication skills, a positive and helpful attitude, and the ability to anticipate needs and initiate and implement solutions.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Manage office operations (for 12 – 15 person virtual office), including but not limited to:
- Maintaining employee handbook and staff travel manuals;
- Managing the hiring and on-boarding process of potential and new employees;
- Ensuring accurate tracking of vacation and sick time.
- Maintain operational systems and procedures as necessary to ensure optimal performance and efficiency.
- Manage financial operations, including, but not limited to:
- Working with the organization’s accounting firm to ensure bill payment and cash flow reports are generated for the Chief Growth Officer on a weekly basis;
- Coordinating management of payroll and benefits through TriNet, including liaising between staff and TriNet;
- Assisting with an annual audit;
- Reconciling business credit card expenses monthly and submitting to the organization’s accounting firm on a monthly basis.
- Coordinate with Leadership Team to execute on special projects and events.
- Consult with vendors and execute agreements as needed to facilitate efficient office operations.
- Manage organization contact lists.
- Support the Chief Growth Officer in identifying new human resource policies and procedures, including conducting research on potential policies the organization may adopt.
- Manage materials production, such as mass mailings, promotional materials and brand identity materials (business cards, stationery, envelopes, brochures, etc.).
- Provide additional support to the Chief Growth Officer as needed.
Areas of Expertise & Qualifications
- Minimum of five years of professional office management/administrative experience.
- Superior understanding of office operations and principles of sound administrative procedures and practices.
- Fundamental knowledge of financial management, preferably in a non-profit environment.
- Proven ability to handle a high volume of work, manage several projects at once and meet timeframes.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office suite software, especially Excel, Google Calendar and Google Mail.
- Proficiency with Mac computers and data management/database programs, i.e. Dropbox.
- Excellent attention to detail, communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Exceptional writing, grammar, proofreading and editing abilities.
- Strong time management skills—highly proactive, reliable, flexible and punctual—and ability to self-manage.
- Ability to communicate with VIPs and demonstrate a high degree of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Experience in a virtual environment preferred.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. Our top priority is finding the best candidate for the job and if you are interested in the position, we would encourage you to apply, even if you don’t believe you meet every one of our qualifications described.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, including your resume and a cover letter tailored to this specific position. We will consider positions on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
No calls, please.
About Education Post
We have built a national network of education advocates who celebrate successes, call out challenges, and speak up in defense of needed reforms through blogs, videos, op-eds and public appearances.
For more, visit our About page.