The Digital Content Manager will support the development and execution of overall strategy for the flagship blog, EducationPost.org, and its social media platforms, in addition to supporting our affiliated blog sites. The Digital Content Manager will own the day-to-day management of the Education Post blog and help develop strategies to drive traffic to the site. This person will help ensure that every piece of content published by Education Post is aligned with its mission of educational equity and reflects the organization’s commitment to elevating authentic voices.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in editing a wide variety of authors, as well as experience creating content across a variety of media—including blogging, video and social networks. This person is passionate about the need for improving public education, and optimistic that we can make a difference with thoughtful and effective communications.
This role is intended to be a mid-level position, with the intention of growing into a more senior Deputy Director role over time. The Digital Content Manager will report to the Director of Digital Content.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage day-to-day media activities and project timelines for the digital content team
- Able to quickly edit and publish clear, concise and accurate blog posts
- Write compelling headlines that prioritize social media traction and search engine optimization
- Finding high-quality, public domain or Creative Commons-licensed photos to feature with blog posts and social media graphics
- Work to recruit and support bloggers with editing and building influence
- Use content management and other publishing tools (Asana, Google Docs, WordPress) for the production and aggregation of content
- Brainstorm blog content series and digital campaigns
- Identify, develop and manage collaborations with and support for our digital content partners
- Communicate and work effectively with bloggers, colleagues and supervisors
Areas of Experience & Qualifications
- Blogging and editing
- Social media strategy and development
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (Detail-oriented)
- Digital advertising and search engine optimization
- Demonstrated ability to create content to meet audience needs across platforms
- Understanding of campaign tracking, optimization, and reporting tools
- Collaborative; likes to work with others to achieve success
- Comfort in a virtual, remote work environment
- Knowledge and experience in the education policy and reform sector
- Website design and development (WordPress preferred)
- Basic Photoshop and/or video production skills
- Self-starter who thrives in a high-change, fast-paced and experimental environment
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, including your resume and a cover letter tailored to this specific position. We will consider positions on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
No calls, please.
About Education Post
We have built a national network of education advocates who celebrate successes, call out challenges, and speak up in defense of needed reforms through blogs, videos, op-eds and public appearances.
For more, visit our About page.