In this episode, we sit down with our friend and colleague Laura Waters to discuss the stripping away of civil rights protections for students with special needs. Laura shares her perspective on these issues, both as an education writer and the mother of a child with disabilities.
- Why Laura’s recent article about Betsy DeVos resonated with so many people
- Why people were outraged with Betsy DeVos
- On the federal government’s role in regulating education
- The civil rights issues that students with disabilities face in schools
- Should separate educational standards be created for students with disabilities?