Today on the podcast we’re talking to two amazing moms of school kids, Erika Sanzi and Keri Rodrigues. How Erika and Keri do it all is beyond us, but in this episode, we dive into everything from advocating for kids to trying to find some down time with three boys running around the house.
Erika Sanzi lives in Rhode Island, is a former teacher and school board member, and the mother of three boys. She writes about education issues on her blog Good School Hunting as well as blogging on Education Post.
Keri Rodrigues lives in Massachusetts and is also the mother of three boys. She is the founder and Mom-in-Chief of Massachusetts Parents United, a parent advocacy group, and she writes about education and parenting topics at EduMom.org.
Erika and Keri recently launched Planet Mom Radio, their own platform for talking about a parent’s perspective of public education. In the interview, we mention that the podcast is forthcoming, but you can listen to their first episode now!
- Lane and Ikhlas’s talk about their moms [1:04]
- Erika Sanzi and Keri Rodrigues join us on the show [9:47]
- Why Erika and Keri started thinking about our schools and how to make them better [11:12]
- The craziest school fiascos that Keri and Erika have experienced with their kids [18:24]
- How to know when parent-teacher relationships are working [29:08]
- How to know if your kids’ school is good or not [39:08]
- What Erika and Keri do in their downtime [50:57]
- Planet Mom Radio
- Massachusetts Parents United
- Good School Hunting