Principals can really make or break a school. Today we’re discussing what principals do, what makes a good or bad principal, and how teachers and principals can work together to improve schools.
We’re joined by former Minnesota Teacher of the Year Tom Rademacher and former Chicago principal LeeAndra Khan. We also chat with co-hosts of the EdCouple podcast and former Chicago principals, Nate Pietrini and James Gray.
- Ikhlas and Lane talk about good and bad principals and trips to the principal’s office 3:06
- Tom and LeeAndra join us on the podcast 9:11
- Tom and LeeAndra finally tell us what principals do 10:18
- What happens when teachers leave because of bad principals 24:22
- What a strong relationship between teachers and principals looks like 25:33
- Nate and James join the show 39:11
- How they knew it was time to retire as principals 39:20
- Why principals need more support 46:18
- What inspired the EdCouple podcast 52:32
- The EdCouple on iTunes
- Read LeeAndra’s post about her favorite principal, Jeff Wright
- Read the stories Tom collected about bad principals
- “It Won’t Be Easy: An Exceedingly Honest (and Slightly Unprofessional) Love Letter to Teaching”