Welcome to the first episode of Voices4ED, an Education Post podcast where we bring in voices of students, parents and teachers to talk about what’s really happening in our public schools.
Hosted by Ikhlas Saleem and Lane Wright of Education Post, they open up this first episode by talking about how each of our hosts got into the field of public education. They chat about their earlier experiences with education in their K-12 years, and why everyone should be invested in good public schools.
- What Ikhlas and Lane do for Education Post [00:23]
- How people used to choose schools, and remembering the K-12 years of our hosts [3:15]
- Why we talk a lot about school choice at Education Post [10:03]
- When Ikhlas became interested in public education [11:58]
- Why Lane got into making schools better after working for Florida’s governor [15:48]
- Why good public education should be in everyone’s interest [20:20]