In this episode, Ikhlas and Lane ask, what makes a good school? Is it test scores, school leadership, culture…how do parents choose a good school? Lane takes a trip to Jacksonville, Florida, and talks with mom Sandra on why she chose KIPP Jacksonville for her children, and couldn’t be more pleased.
- What prompted Sandra to find a different school for her son, Aurelius
- Why Sandra chose KIPP Jacksonville
- How Sandra’s doubts about KIPP were assuaged
- How KIPP utilizes family support in the classroom
- How Aurelius feels about KIPP
- On the other difficulties Aurelius copes with and how Sandra addresses them