On our last episode of 2017, we talk about the best and worst moments of the year.
From politics to #metoo, from wonderful moments inside classrooms and outside, 2017 was a big year. We want to thank all of the guests we’ve had on the podcast so far and are looking forward to a great 2018.
- Talking about the best and worst of 2017 [4:47]
- The election of Donald Trump and how that affects school-age kids [6:22]
- The sexual abuse in schools and the larger conversation on sexual harassment [9:25]
- How the NAACP decision on charter school affected education reform [12:47]
- The Charlottesville protests and how teachers talked to students about it [17:22]
- The eclipse was one of the best things of 2017 [26:00]
- Why Chance the Rapper and Kendrick Lamar are the best [28:32]
- The awesome 2017 story of strangers paying other students’ school lunch debts [31:20]
- #NuggsForCarter [34:09]
- Thanks to all the bloggers that contributed to the Education Post blog this year! [35:58]