Lane attends the World Innovation Summit for Education (WISE) in Doha, Qatar, and interviews some of the unique voices at the summit.
First, we hear from two students at the English Modern School in Doha, Satine Dosdos, and Matthew El Chalouhi. They explain how their school works in Qatar and what makes a great teacher.
Lane interviews Zainab Mohamed, an educator who has worked for Teach for Qatar and talks about the issues facing Qatari schools and families when it comes to teachers, school choice and more.
Finally, Lane chats with Mike Feinberg, co-founder of KIPP, about what challenges the KIPP schools are facing, and what defines a great teacher.
- Zainab Mohamed, an educator in Qatar, joins us on the podcast 3:19
- The family and behavioral issues that students and teachers face in Qatar 6:00
- How people choose schools in Qatar 13:44
- Mike Feinberg, one of the co-founders of the KIPP schools, joins us on the podcast 18:35
- How Mike defines a great teacher 20:18
- Some of the challenges that KIPP schools face 26:00
- How we can create more great schools 29:13
- Why KIPP-inspired schools have popped up around the world 33:36
- What Satine and Matthew want Americans to know about Qatar 37:03